Our Tea Bar Coordinator is Rachel McDonnell, she will contact you a few days before your duty day and discuss a detailed menu and purchases with you.
If you have done all this before and know what to do contact Rachel email@example.com and let her know. See below for information about timing and numbers.
DISCUSS WITH RACHEL:
- The menu - taking into account what is already available at the clubhouse.
- What’s on ie Open meetings or Youth Training.(Link to calendar)
- Shopping. What to get or prepare for the day.
|Thursday||17:30||8pm Estimate 30 people||9:30|
|Sunday||09:30||12:15 Estimate 25 people||16:00|
|Sunday with youth training||09:30||12:15 Estimate 40 people||16:00|
- 'Check in’ with the duty officer
- Switch on Tea/Coffee boiler & dishwasher
- Complete the tea bar monitoring log in the turquoise file
- Put a tea bar tab form and completed menu options form on the counter from file
- Put out sweets and cakes on the counter
- Put the tea bar cash tin next to the VHF radio (please ask to be shown how to answer it).
- Check you know the emergency contact details written on the boiler
Suggestion only OR do your own thing! Jacket potatoes and individually stacked ham or cheese salad
ABOVE ALL AND IMPORTANTLY - KEEP IT SIMPLE!
10.30 am Oven on at 190’C; wash and prick potatoes with fork, rub with oil/salt
11.00 am Potatoes in oven straight onto shelves (est. 30-40 adding as people arrive)
11.30 am Prepare individual stackable plates with salad, ham and cheese
12.00 noon Put cutlery, butter, salt and pepper, dressings out on counter
12.15pm Serve potatoes onto prepared plates as people arrive
6.00 pm Oven on at 190’C; wash and prick potatoes with fork, rub with oil/salt
6.30 pm Potatoes in oven straight onto shelves (est. 30-40 adding as people arrive)
7.00 pm Prepare individual stackable plates with salad, ham and cheese
7.30 pm Put cutlery, butter, salt and pepper, dressings, out on counter
8.00 pm Serve potatoes onto prepared plates as people arrive
Complete a tea bar cash form from the turquoise forms folder
Post cash tubes in the bar floor safe.
Empty the bins into the wheelie bin and replace liners.
Clean the filter and drain the dishwasher (see instructions above the dishwasher).
REMEMBER! YOU are in charge. Don’t panic. If things are not ready for the first sailors off the water, tell them they will have to wait! If you don’t know, can’t find it – ask. Someone else will be able to tell you. Tea Bar Duty is the ideal time to get to know other club members, not just those on duty with you. The Tea Bar Manager will agree with duty teams who will do the buying. Duty crew get hot or cold drinks “on the house” & there is a flask for them to take out on the water if necessary.